Thursday, January 27, 2005

Waves of Conversation

Now Playing: Nirvana -- In Utero

I was studying for my Anatomy Lab practical last night down in the lobby. I like it down there -- too many distractions in my room, there's more space, and I can people watch. Anyway being at a university, there are good amount of foreign students. There was an Asian (I'm unsure of his exact ethnicity) fella talking on the phone. Naturally he was speaking in his native tongue. As the only language I'm fluent in is English, I had no idea what he was saying. But I did catch this:
"untranslational stuff...LeBron James...untranslational stuff...Allen Iverson untranslational stuff...Yao...Yao...untranslational stuff...Ben Wallace...untranslational stuff...Ben Wallace..." you get the idea. It was great! I had no idea what he was specifically saying, but I knew he was talking about the NBA for sure.

In other events, I've decided on how I'm going to format this here blog. Every title is going to be a song lyric. Some will be obvious; most, however, will be unknown to the most of you. I could make a game of it and do something like "Be the first one to ID the lyric and..." but with this being the internet 1) you can easily Google the lyric to figure it out and 2) I have no idea when you will read this. In any event if you do know the lyric right away all I have to say is this: You Rock! Hard!

I'm out.

No comments: