Friday, April 27, 2007

Advertising Looks and Chops a Must



Great song from a great band that I, unfortunately, got into after they broke up. I did get to see Malkmus a few years ago on a solo jaunt. I can say that they put on a great show and wish I had a time machine to go back and see Pavement back in their hey-day.

So yeah, I got my haircut yesterday. Nothing special, but I'm not completely happy with it. She could have cut it shorter in the back. A haircut is one of those services where you cannot return what you bought and it is hard to get a refund. It did occur to me that I could try and go back and say something like "Could you take a little bit more off the back?" Do you think that would work? The good thing with hair is that (for most of us) it always grows back. This is my 3rd or 4th haircut since I moved her in august. Save from the one time when the OFOMOL was with me to tell her how to cut it, I've been less then happy with what I've received.

During the said cut, the woman cutting my hair asked me where I'm from and I tell her. This elicits the response of "ohhh, do you know Drew?" as in Drew Carey. Drew Carey is a funny guy and put Cleveland on the sitcom map...but most people I know (including myself) agree that the show is not that great. Yes it was nice to see all the C-town centric themes on the show, but other then that it did nothing for me.

More on my Cleveland kick. My buddy DRH commented on a new Cleveland blog, Hardaway Hates Pittsburgh. He's got a list of his Top 5 places to eat in C-Town. Not a bad list, but not the five I would choose. I still have to think about mine, but I'll be posting it soon. Keep your eyes open!

3 comments:

Dwayne Rudd said...

No, I don't think returning for a fix up is standard operating protocal. Usually they ask if everything is OK before they take the apron off. While I know that I never can tell until I've gotten to shower and comb myself, I figure that s/he has provided that opportunity for feedback, and since I don't take full advantage, I'm stuck with it. Just my two cents. But that makes me truly appreciate the professional barbers. Like Mike's in Lakewood. Even if he is a little fruity.

Dwayne Rudd said...

Have you seen this video yet:
http://sjl.funnyordie.com/v1/view_video.php?viewkey=3efbc24c7d2583be6925
Pure, unadultered awesome.

MoL said...

As far as the Will Ferrell video you posted. You know, I'm not that amused by it. The kid is too cute and the subtitles take away from it.