Monday, March 06, 2006

There's Dancing Behind Movie Scenes

Had a nice dinner last night at a local Indian restaurant. This was my first foray into the world of Indian cuisine. It was recommended highly by the OFOMOL so I figured what the heck. The restaurant is decorated in traditional Indian stylings. I ordered a traditional Indian beer, Kingfisher. I thought it was pretty good -- a bit on the sweet side, but this didn't bother me. For the main course I ordered a type of lamb -- with almonds, peanuts, and raisins. I thought it was quite good. I know that Indian food has a tendency to be spicy, so I ordered the medium, but I could have handled the spicy. The food was all very good and I had a pleasant time. The kicker about this restaurant is that on the main wall they play Bollywood movies. Now I've never actually seen one of these, so this was the first time for me. They are something else, that is for sure! Lots of singing and dancing and it all seems pretty cheesy...but I guess it is supposed to be that way. I realized that they are just like American movies (minus the singing & dancing) in terms of plot and what not. It was all quite entertaining.

Some information about today's quote.

Watched the Oscars last night. Thought that Jon Stewart wasn't really appreciated. I did like his take on Three 6 Mafia's celebration and the fact they have one Oscar and Martin Scorcese has zero. I don't know about anyone else, but Diana Ossana, after winning for Best Adapted Screenplay, looked like she would have been happier anywhere else but there. Additionally she looked like she was drugged-up on something. No joke. In other Oscar-related news, I actually saw three of the main films, Crash, Munich, and Capote. Kudos to PSH on his best actor award.

No comments: