Sunday, April 09, 2006

Waiting is the Hardest Part.

8 days out. I've finished up all of my hard workouts and now its all nice and easy until next monday. I'm feeling ok. The legs were a bit off today, but that's taper. I just want to run this damn thing. The weather is looking good, but we're still a week away. Taper, for those who do not follow the training habits of swimmers, runners, or triathletes is the gradual decrease of mileage during the last 3-4 weeks of training. You basically abuse your body for 3-4 months then use taper to rest up. It does sound a bit counter-intuitive to the everday lay person, but it is a proven training method. Your body feels wacky...pluse an increase in energy makes people behave in peculiar ways. Of course I need to adhere to the traditional taper guidelines...no eating after 10, watch what I eat so I don't put on a couple of extra pounds, no ending or beginning relationships, and all that stuff that tdc3 used to preach to us that I'll preach to my swimmers when I'm a coach.

How to cheat at Sudoku. Oh no I didn't!

A couple of things for those of you who pay attention to stuff like this. I've added some links, namely World's Most Tortured Fans which is a blog about all things Cleveland sports. Yes I think I've found someone who is more cynical about this subject then myself! And under Music Blogs, I've added Indoor Fireworks. Good stuff there. I also finally added a counter down at the bottom.

Deadliest Catch has returned for it's second season. This is about the only reality show where you might see someone die. Seriously, its that intense. These guys work their butts off in some extreme conditions all to make as much money in a few weeks to support them for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Oberon said...

......get over it is right.....that's the hardest part.

Anonymous said...

Who needs to cheat at Sudoku? Should I take pride in the fact that it can't solve most of the puzzles that I try?