Monday, October 24, 2005

Along Came Jim Dandy

File Under: Random updates from the life of Mark

I've got a midterm wednesday and instead of studying, I'm updating my blog and watching "How I Met Your Mother." BTW I'm digging Neil Patrick Harris on this show. Seems like he's finally recovered from the stigma of being Doogie Howser. Gotta love procrastination.

Let see...the little sister came to visit over the weekend. I think we all had a good time, even though I did make her do a shot of tequila friday night. I took her on a de facto campus tour which turned into us going to the MSU/NU football game. We bought tickets from some scalper. Face value of $46 each and we paid $45 for two. It was right around kickoff time (12:00) and a word of advice: if you are purchasing tickets from a scalper, the value decreases once the game begins. The scalper's mentality turns from "lets see how much I can get for these" to "I need money...anything is better then nothing." The tickets were not together, but we did sit together. Unfortunately MSU decided to pretty much not show up and NU routed them...something like 52-14. Ugh. So what a couple of weeks ago looked like a promising season has suddenly turned ugly Such is the life of an MSU football fan.

Looks like I'm still on the Victoria's Secret mailing list. I peered into my mailbox...it's always fun when you see something in there. It makes you feel special. Then when you realize its: 1) a bill, 2) junk mail, 3) something unimportant the moment suddenly turns sour. So yeah, the lone item in my mailbox is the current VS promotional item -- a free Very Sexy for Her 2 spray (.25 oz size) plus (gotta love this) $5 off any bra. At least I have someone that can hopefully use it this time around -- not that Kelly didn't use it...but someone...er...closer to me that can use it. So this perfume...rather this Eau de Parfum is called "Very Sexy for Her 2." Two logical conclusions come from this: one that this is the second installment in the VSfH series. This is the updated, more trendy version of the spray. Second, since this is called Very Sexy for Her it would infer that there is a Very Sexy for HIM. Seriously, what guy would 1) buy something for himself at VS, or 2) buy something for HIMSELF at VS. Of course the witty & observant individual would comment that while technically a guy may be buying something for his girl at VS, it really is for him. Although it would be interesting if VS started a men's line of stuff. You would need some good marketing people to pull that one off.

1 comment:

ekGreer said...

Hi Mark. Thought of you: http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/

Just so you think twice next time.

Much love.