Monday, October 10, 2005

Do You Really Want to Live Forever?

The sweet words of the German group Alphaville. You can check out their website here.

Hope you made it to the "new" site. Welcome. Shalom. Willkommen. Bienvenue. Recepcion.

I recently made an aquaintence. We were doing the whole "asking questions about each other" thing -- age, where we're from, etc. Girl is 22....ok....has some kids....plural....she is quite petite...how many?....FOUR! I stopped asking questions as I was afraid of the answers I would get. Seriously. I just don't wanna know.

So I caught some of SNL last night. Jon Heder of Napolean Dynamite fame hosted. I couldn't help but thinking about how type-cast Heder will be. Yeah ND is a funny film and has become an instant cult classic movie, but I feel bad for the guy. Foreve he will be known as Napolean Dynamite. I'm sure he's a good actor but he may be suffering from Stiffler (Sean William Scott) syndrome where every role is has is some amalgamated version of the character he is famous for. Although I'm thinking that Heder is a far superior actor then Scott. Even if Heder takes a dramatic turn I see this happening:
Scene: Sebastian is consolling David (Heder) after David learns of his ex-girlfriend's behavior post-breakup
Sebastian: So what are you gonna do?
Audience then yells in Rocky Horror fashion, "whatever I feel like I wanna do! Gosh!"

Of course Heder is still young and has a promising career ahead of him. I still see him in 50 years in an old-folks home and guys coming up and saying "Gimme some of your tots." After years and years of enduring this and being a good sport, Heder goes postal at the old-folks home. Speaking of ND, I think Uncle Rico doesn't get as much respect in quoting the movie. Here is a paraphrase of his lines loosely based on my life:
How much you wanna bet I can jump over them backstroke flags?...Yeah...If coach would've put me on that relay we would've made state...No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

No comments: