Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's Our Anniversary

January 25, 2005
Spending some down time between class in the computer lab, in a combination of boredom and inspiration from Greer, I launch said blog and provide the interweb with entertaining quips from my ordinary life. Observational humor some may call it, or just commenting on everyday situations I find myself in...I've attracted a strong (um...10-20?) following consisting of friends, family members, and spammers. I hope you've enjoyed our time together so far and I look forward to spending more quality time together in the future. As a present to you, my dear readers, on the 1st anniversary of MoL, I was going to give to you some of the more enjoyable posts from the past year to enjoy....but as I was going through them, the only one that really struck me as particularly insightful (and that is a stretch) was this classic gem from August. But if you want to waste some time, feel free to surf through the annals and rediscover your friend/family member/random internet guy.

Since the internet is all about poaching from each other (I'm pretty convinced monkeys make the majority of stuff here) here are some things:
Blagg Blogg has a nice satirical Coachella-esque poster for a music fest featuring every crappy band you've ever heard of. In addition he has a link to the live action Punch Out (you gotta see this!).

Pandora. Check it out, its my new internet-based-listening-pleasure.

Did anyone see Lost tonight? I settled in to watch it but for dumb reason the local ABC channel preempted Lost for the MSU/UM basketball game, which MSU lost btw. This pissed me off, especially since the game could be found 4 channels up. *sigh* Will someone let me know what happened? I'll end up checking Flight815 and other sites, but I'd like to hear it from someone I know and may love.

Last comment for the night. During winter break I gave the OFOMOL some shorts and tshirts to sleep in as a way to stay close to me despite being an ocean and more apart. Anyway I was in her room the other day and commented "hey, I was wondering where that shirt went" as I forgot which shirts I had given her. I commented that it is one of my favorite swimming shirts and the oldest one I have in my collection. She looks at the year (it is from 1999, my sophomore year in college) and she promptly replies, "I was in 9th grade then." I'm like "great, thats exactly what I wanted to hear."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO, how does one connect to "classic gem" as the Internet's response to the link is "cannot be found."

And, if you gave up your favorite swimming shirt to a young lady the analysis of that action might be... ?