Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Spiderman is Having Me for Dinner Tonight

It's been awhile. Here are some amusing links to keep you busy

Got 8 minutes to spare? From Russia, with love.

This one is for my mom but anyone who watches ABC's broadcast's of college football should appreciate it. (Thanks to SI for this). Be sure to read the comments down at the bottom.


Good thing you have your college education to fall back on
.

Watched the Fiesta Bowl last night. Gotta say I'm pleased. Since I'm up here a few days early, campus is pretty much dead. I traversed to B-dubs solo to watch the game. I grabbed a seat
at the bar in time to watch the end of the Capital One Bowl. OSU pretty much dominated ND. The crowd was about 60/40 in favor of OSU, but there were a few genuine Buckeye fans. Aside from Michigan, Notre Dame is the most vilified school in these parts so people were not necessarily cheering for OSU, just against ND. Things look good for the 'Bucks next year. Now if only John L. could get his players to play in big games like Tressel does...

The Orange Bowl tonight should be a snoozer as the combined age for the coaches is 154. Seriously, how did FSU get in this game? Penn State should win in a walk-over. As for tomorrow...I really want to go with Texas but I think USC has way too much fire power for UT to overcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me and even more thanks that I live in Cleveland where radio broadcasts of all OSU games are available, so I don't have to listen to the eternal droning of Brent & Gary. Perhaps part of this broadcast team's challenge is that the former is a Northwestern graduate and the latter is from Purdue. Well, I thoroughly enjoyed learning the rules of the Brent Musberger Drinking Game. Too bad I'm beyond prime partying age to enjoy it. Your prediction (and others) about the Orange Bowl was mistaken. Those old fogies provided a Keith Jackson "barn burner" in the end!