Monday, January 30, 2006

I Didn't Take No Shortcuts

77 days out and I ran a nice 21 miles today in just under 2:40, averaging 7:37/mile. Nice. In BA news, the BAA announced a week or so ago that they are changing the start of the race to a wave start. This won't have any impact on me as I'll be in the first wave anyway. They also announced that they are changing the course toward the end which means another hill. If you know anything about the Boston Marathon, it is legendary for its hills. This is the part that worries me the most as the sprawling metropolis of Lansing, Mi is quite flat.

If you haven't ever been over to Deadspin, be sure to check it out.

Grandaddy have decided to split up
. This saddens me as they are one of my favorite indie rock bands. They play a nice version of sunny california space rock. We'll see what Jason Lytle has cooking up in his post-Grandaddy days.

Music For Robots has an MP3 up of a song from the new forthcoming Belle and Sebastian album. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm sure it is some auditory goodness.

What else...oh yeah me and the OFOMOL went out and saw Munich over the weekend. It was a very good film and not what I expected. My only complaint is that during the opening credits we saw that wonderful misleading phrase of Inspired By True Events. This always gets me. It means that to some degree what happened in the movie is true, but there are other parts that are completely fictionalized. This is my worry with Flight 93.

OK it is off to dinner and then some coaching.

No comments: