Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Armona, the Mean Scent

Deadspin today has a nice post about Manute Bol and his work for his native Sudan. 99% of their posts are making fun of athletes, but here is a prime example of an athlete using their fame and celebrity for a good (and devastating) cause. Be sure to read the comments.

Punxsutawney Phil apparently saw his shadow indicating 6 more weeks of winter. Compared to last year, this winter has been quite mild which is quite fine for me and my running schedule. It is nice that every day I leave for swimming practice at 5:45 there is more and more sun. Nice.

So I think we've all seen those overtly obnoxious Axe Body Spray commercials. You know the ones, some average guy puts it on and then the women (his date's mother, girls in the library) around him are all over him. Pretty over the top and not very believeable, right? That is what I thought. I scoffed at these commercials. Then something funny happend. First, for whatever reason (I think I had to buy books) I picked up a free sample. Second, I ran out of traditional soap. So I used the Axe Shower Gel until I get a chance to go to the store and buy some more soap. The stuff smells pretty good and seems to get me clean -- I'm a traditional soap and washcloth guy so the gel stuff is a bit out of my element. Later on I'm spending time with OFOMOL (for those that asked it stands for: Official Female Of Metamorphosis Of Life) and she seems to be a bit (ok a lot) more affectionate then normal. I'm enjoying it and she's telling me how good I smell. So yeah, I'm sold. I guess there is truth in advertising.

For those that spend every waking moment of their free time checking this site to see when I update it, my Super Bowl predictions will be up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M. Andy,

Any idea when we actually get to hear about your wonderful girl and how she stacks up against all your other girlfriends?