Thursday, February 23, 2006

Keep Your Money in Your Shoes

This was supposed to go up yesterday, but I was having some connection issues.

A very happy 23rd birthday to my younger sister, Christina. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Heading to the Palace at Auburn Hills tonight to see Coldplay. The OFOMOL (maybe I should change that to TOFOMOL) really likes Father Apple and company so I got tickets for her for Christmas. So in a way, we're celebrating Christmas tonight, two months too late. Oh well. Fiona Apple is opening, which means I won't be suffering too much. I shouldn't say that, I don't have anything against Coldplay...its just that the piano-driven moody brit rock is played out. Speaking of Coldplay, they remind me of the 40 Year Old Virgin and the scene where Cal and David are playing video games. Speaking of that movie, they had it on the movie channel here at school the other day and I just had to stop and watch part of it. For me, it is one of those movies that will never stop being funny. And it is consistenly funny for the duration of the film. It's hard to get that nowadays. I think that already this movie is one of the top-5 funniest movies. No doubt.

In running news, I've got 8 weeks left of training. I just came off a recovery week where I didn't work very hard. I wanted to give my legs and my body some time to recouperate so I can hit the next 5 weeks of training hard. Then its taper time and then time to race. I did break up the monotony of training by running a 5K on sunday. In all actuality I've never run a 5K before so it was a new experience. It was 16 out at race time, so a bit chilly, although that didn't prevent some guy from racing in just shorts and shoes...nothing else. The race was fun as I came in at 17:54 and took 3rd place. Of course I like to catch people and realized that in a 5K, that is pretty hard to do. It also felt like I had done nothing. I mean I was running hard, but 3 miles is a warm-up for me, so I barely had time to work.
If anyone is curious about my running, here is a list of shoes currently in rotation:
Asics GT-2090
Asics Gel-Nimbus
Brooks Axiom 3 (mine are latest version in royal blue)
Diadora Mythos
New Balance 719
Nike Air Zoom Hayward (grey with red trim...not the Oregon colors)
Puma Phasis III

No comments: