Tuesday, March 22, 2005

She Thinks She's the Passionate One

Congratulations to the MSU men's and women's basketball teams. Both teams managed to survive the first two rounds of their respective NCAA tournaments and make it into the Sweet Sixteen. Next up the men will try to avenge an earlier season loss to Duke (and their Dookies) and get into the Eleite Eight; that game is 7:30 friday night. Oh the bars shall be packed! The women take on the Lady Commodores of Vanderbilt sunday at one of my favorite times of the day, TBA. That means if the men win friday night then sunday will be one heck of a basketball day around these parts. Too bad I got lots of work to do this weekend. And if you can ID that lyric you'll realize it was sung by the underappreciated Sweet, and connect the dots to today's theme.

In other happenings, Monday was quite the exciting day for me. For starters my blue iPod Mini arrived and I've been having way too much fun with that. I also received notice that I've been hired as a Community Coordinator for next school year. Since I'm in the grad dorm we don't have conventional RAs -- there are not a whole lot of grad students that 1) you have to worry about underage drinking with and 2) do stupid things at odd hours of the day. The responsibility lies in helping to fostor community growth, togetherness, synergy, and other BS terms of the sort. I'm looking foward to it. I think it should be a fun time. I'll get to put on events, make bulletin boards, and who knows, I may even have a bowlful of condoms for my residents. I get a full size double to myself, my housing paid for, and an unlimited account at the cafe. Good times will be had.

I ordered both the iPod and a new pair of running shoes (thank you IRS) about the same time. As I've been looking foward to each item I diligently check my mail and online tracking numbers several times a day to see when they come in. The shoes were apparently in Ann Arbor on saturday and better be in when I check my mail later. Like everyone, I like getting stuff in the mail, especially non-mail items like shoes, food, and music.

No comments: