Monday, April 11, 2005

I Fell Asleep and Read Just About Every Paragraph

Long title today. I've been meaning to comment on my sleeping habits of late. For much of the first part of the semester it seemed that I was going to bed later and later each night. And, for no particular reason. I was doing stuff like watching old reruns of the Real World, Road Rules, and Real World/Road Rules Challenge (damn I missed the Inferno again tonight) on MTVu. So I'd be going to bed later, but getting up at the same time everyday. Anyone can see that I'm getting consecutively less sleep every night. That's not especially good. So it seems that by the end of the week, I'm exhausted and all I want to do is sleep.

This all really came to a head this past weekend. Friday morning the alarm went off at 7am and the last thing I wanted to do was get my arse up and go to work for 8 hours. All I could think about was getting home and just resting my weary bones (on a bed of california stars :). First though I had to run to Target, Best Buy, Dicks, and the mall (Express) to buy various stuff. By the time I got back, showered, got some food it was like 8:30. Lucily my beloved Cleveland Indians were at Detroit to play the Tigers which meant I would be able to watch them on the tube. I kicked back, enjoyed some Sam Adams White Ale and watched my boys beat the Tigers.
I had to get up early (um before 7) because I was running a 5K in Ann Arbor with the MSU Running Club. So I wanted a good night of sleep. Of course I stayed up, watching pointless mind-numbing TV because I couldn't fall asleep. The race was fun. Although I've 1) never done a 5K before, and 2) never on a Cross Country course (hills, grass), so it kicked my ass. I did get to spend alot of the day outside and did get some sun in me. Well all of that totally kicked my ass. I got home, showered, and aside from going to get some food, spent the hours from 4:30 to 11:30 on my bed watching TV. Then I slept, and oh what sweet sleep it was!

Maybe its me getitng old, but all I wanted to do was rest and sleep and be lazy this weekend. And the thing is I had no qualms about it. It would've taken a whole lot to get my ass up and about this weekend. Maybe I'll actually go to bed at reasonable times this week (ha ha, fat chance there) and have some energy left for the weekend.

No comments: