Sunday, April 24, 2005

Should We Talk About the Weather?

To you my faithful readers, it's been awhile, I sincerely apologize.

So I wake up this morning and what is it doing? It's snowing out! I kid you not! April 24th and its cold and snowing outside. Last tuesday (that's 5 days ago folks) I was wearing shorts. Shorts! And now here I am with my winter coat, hat, and gloves on. This shouldn't be happening. Honestly I don't remember it snowing this late. In a week, May will arrive. I guess in the light of things in 20 days I'll be on a beach in North Carolina.

As much as I'm bitching about the weather, there is a silver lining. I've got massive amounts of work to do. When its sunny, warm, and blue skies outside and young co-eds in skimpy clothing the motivation to work diminishes. When you see snow, its easier to stay inside and get work done. I came to a stark realization this weekend that is obviously a sign of maturity: I'm perfectly happy staying in both friday and saturday night and doing work. In my younger days. I would've happily done other things and would be kicking myself once sunday rolls along. I also met a friend out for coffee friday night and realize that there are other people out there who study on friday & saturday nights! Wow! What a concept! I guess I'm not alone. Like I said, its a sign of being a good little grad student and getting older.

No comments: