Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just a Little Pinprick Please

I gave blood today. 27th time I've done it. I also realized during the procedure that I've been giving for 10 years now -- that's 2.7 times a year. I try to give every 8 weeks, but last September was the last time I donated. Personally I feel it is one of the easiest and most valuable ways to "give back to the community." I save lives, I give blood.

Hey all you Spartans out there, this one is for you! The CWRU has announced/unveiled its new Spartan logo. Apparently their old logo was too similar to the Michigan State one. Hmmm, I never noticed the difference. Afterall the CWRU Spartan is facing left and the MSU Spartan is facing right. Side note, if you do a Google Image Search for "CWRU Spartans" the wise being that is Google ask's you "Did you mean MSU Spartans?" D'oh! As long as they don't use that damn square, I'm happy. Although the square has grown on me and I do prefer it to the old sunburst. There was a rumor floating around a couple of years ago (this was when the square was unveiled) that the school was thinking of changing its mascot and it was going to be something along the lines of the Rough Cats. Rough Cats was going to be an amalgamation of Red Cats from Western Reserve College and the Rough Riders of Case Institute of Technology. Here is a nice page on the mascot history of CIT/WRC/CWRU/Case. You don't know how many times I've seen a blue and white "Spartans" shirt here in EL and think "Hey, that just may be a CWRU shirt" and then realize that most of the folks here probably have no idea about CWRU. Although I was driving today and saw a window decal on a car with a blue and white spartan head. I'm convinced that car is a CWRU grad. So I don't leave her out, my little sister graduated from UNC Greensboro, who also just happen to be the Spartans. I'd love some comments on which logos are the best.

Most of my faithful readers (you guys rock) know about the recent developments in my professional life. It's official as my new place of employment has issued a press release about my hiring. It's pretty surreal to see your own name on an official release like this. Part of me is like "is this actually happening?" Since I'm paranoid about things I say on this here blog coming back to haunt me, I try to keep things pretty anonymous. Of course, it wouldn't take much work to figure out who I really am. Anyway, you, my faithful readers, are a smart bunch and I know you can find the press release on your own.

A week from now I'll be on my way to Germany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta site for you to check out:
http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2004/coolsongs/