Wednesday, June 29, 2005

And Its a Hot One

Let the record show that I did just quote Rob Thomas. The jury can now give me the full sentence of the crime.

So, how about all this hot weather we've been having. It's so hot that insert requisite cheesy joke here. Or at least here in Michigan. It's been consistently in the mid-upper 80s, even hitting 90 late last week. Now a lot of people like to complain about it. Yes, the weather makes us sweat, and sticky, and smell, but you know what? I frickin' love it man! I've been enjoying every minute of it. I'll take this over snow any day of the week. First of all, I can go out and run without a shirt and sweat a lot. Then I get to go in and take a nice cold showers. Cold showers in the summer and just fantastic. Then, since I have no roommate, I can lounge around in just my boxers (how about that picture ladies!). Some would say "why not just lounge around naked?" First of all to get good airflow in my room, I keep the door open. Second, I've tried that, and it just does not make me comfortable. I need some....barrier between the nether regions and everything else. Now there's an image NO ONE wants to see.

What else about the summer? Oh yeah the women! Women and what they wear. I love it! Perpetual eye candy all day long! Short shorts, skirts, tank tops...whatever it is, showing skin is a good thing! I really hate the winter. I mean snow just...its definitely my least favorite form of precipitation. Ideally, I'm going to end up living somewhere it never snows. But I did come to a sort of epiphinay, a realization. That is, as much as I dislike snow and winter maybe it serves a purpose. When spring arrives and the weather gets warmer, the female of the species, in an evolutionary and ritualistic manner, all shed their outter layers. They emerge from the darkness of winter and display their colours for the males to spar over. And the kicker is that this often happens at an earlier date and temperature then one would expect! It never fails.

Speaking of attractive women, what's with Lindsay's Lohan's new look? Now, I'm really indifferent when it comes to her. She falls into the "attractive young female semi-actress" category. As a purveyor of pop culture I do like to keep tabs on what's going on with whom. Well I caught Miss Lohan on Conan last week. I first noticed her new look around the beginning of May when she hosted SNL. She went from a curvaceous red-head to a streamlined skinny blonde. Now the blonde I don't mind, no complaints there. But now she's this thin waif. Lets try some links to some pictures: before, before, before & after. Ok, that's enough LL links (though some may argue there are never enough). I couldn't get a good "after" pic so that one will do. She's a stick now! There's no need for that! She was doing fine with what she had. This whole Hollywood/model/actress thinness is overplayed! When will young girls and women realize that, it's perfectly fine (and in my opinion better) not to be stick thin. There is nothing wrong with a little extra here and there ladies.

No comments: