Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt

Now Playing: Bob Dylan -- Blood on the Tracks.

As I do on a regular basis, I was checking myself out in the mirror yesterday. That should come as no surprise to those that know me. I will admit I can be a bit vain at times. So there I was primping & flexing my strapping bronzed body. Then I noticed something. Or really, it was the lack of something. My chest/pecs are nowhere to be found! It's been about a year since I was last weight training, but this is ridiculous. I mean, even when I have been lifting, I've never been that guy. You know the type. The no-neck meat-head who jumps at any opportunity to describe in full detail about their workouts and point out what you, Mr. Weakling, are doing wrong. I've always used weights to give a little more tone to my body. So I can fill out my clothes a bit better. Well that's gone too. Let's look at the polo issue. I've started to prefer the "fitted/stretch" polos versus the all-cotton pique polos. Last year I could fit into an Express fitted polo size large. The sleeves fitted nicely around my upper arms while giving some shape to my chest. Now these are not skin-tight like you see on a lot of guys, but for me, it's what I liked. Fast-forward a year later and here I am buying medium polos which fit loosely on me! For the sake of myself I'm not buying size small just so I can show-off my non-existant upper body.

So this has motivated me. I am now on a mission to regain my chest. Yes, it may take awhile, but gosh darn-it, I need it back. I'm not a total superficial guy. Looks are important when both looking at and attracting the opposite sex, but they are not the end-all of qualities I look for. But I'm no fool. I realize that looks get you somewhere and having any resemblance of tone in my upper body will help that. Due to my dire economic situation, I am unable to purchase a gym membership at one of the MSU facilities. So I started doing pushups. Wow, it's been awhile since I did those. I just did 3 sets of 15 today and that's probably about all I can do. I'll do that 3 times a week and then up the number next week. We'll try that out for the summer and see where I am come september. Hopefully by then I'll be able to pay for a membership and I'll be able to work on the arms and shoulders.

No comments: