Sunday, July 31, 2005

Even In Those Jeans She's Wearing

Ahh yes, the words of the immortal Sir Mix-A-Lot.

I recently bought a new pair of jeans. Now this seems like a harmless purchase. I mean, they're jeans, right? Well as I've gotten older, I've become more picky when it comes to these things. Its all about the fit, right? Yes, and so far, I haven't found the perfect pair. And I'm not even a woman! Speaking of the fairer sex, I've heard of guys buying women's jeans because they wanted a certain fit. Frankly, I'm not that metrosexual. Although I am digging these jeans. I'd say they are my favorite pair, but I've said that with numerous other pairs in the past. They are Express jeans. I can't tell ya which style as they have non-traditional names for their littany of jeans. Aside from the fit, the colour is a big deal. I'm not really a fan of the "blue" jeans. These are more of a dirty (but not in an obnoxious way) wash. And one thing I really enjoy about them is that the stitching is a nice rust colour. Subtle, yet it brings so much out.

I was out shopping yesterday and got some good deals. I got a new pair of boxers, a new red polo, and a long-sleeved button-down shirt for about $25. Yeah I'm good. The shirt is white with pink and gray stripes. This is my first foray into the world of male pink-shirts. It takes a certain guy to pull off the solid pink shirt. I am definitly not one of those. But I think I can pull this one off. Aside from my deals, I've decided I want a Sport Coat or two. I tried a couple of really nice pricey ones on and in a rare show of economic fortitude, refrained from purchasing them. I have been checking out the local vintage/resale shop. There are a couple of nice classic 70s era ones in there for about $15 each. I think I need someone else's opinion before I take the plunge into that world.

One last musing for today. I stopped by the MSU Dairy Store earlier for some home-made ice cream. It's only about 80 here today, a bit cooler then what we've been having most of the summer. But I stepped outside and the ice cream started dripping. And dripped it did! Then I started to get it on my face and around my mouth. Unfortunately for me, I had napkins, but they were in my pocket. I didn't want to reach this ice cream-stickey hand into my pocket and get my shorts all stickey. So here I am, looking like a 5-year old or George Costanza from that classic Seinfeld episode with ice cream all over my face, it is dripping everywhere, with me trying to pull napkins out of my pocket with my thumb and pinkie trying not to touch my shorts. Yes, its moments such as these where we need to step back, laugh at ourselves and find delight in life. I mean, that was a moment.

2 comments:

ekGreer said...

A nice pair of panties should complete your women´s jeans look. Good luck.

MoL said...

Yeah, so you can see my thong when I'm sporting my ultra-low-ride jeans.