Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I Sleep in Your T-Shirt

Good news for those of you who both read this crap and call me on my cell phone. It is not back in my posession. No, the world did not end. A life can be had sans cell phones.

Anyway, time for some interaction with my faithful readers (are there any?) It is about time that I bought myself a new t-shirt. Now some my scoff and say "A tshirt is a tshirt" and may also say "Mark, you have too many shirts." Au contraire. Tshirts are special. Each one has a special meaning an invokes certain feelings of nostalgia relating to a certain time and place. That is why a lot of us (read: Men) have a hard time throwing/giving away our tshirts. They are a part of us and getting rid of them is like taking a little bit of who we are.

Part of the whole tshirt culture is the interest in all-things from the 1980s. For some reason the decade of the 80s holds a special part in the fabric of America. It has succeeded past fad and become a legitimate business enterprise and cultural phenomena. Authentic tshirts from the 1980s available at thrift stores and new faux-80s shirts are all the rage. Shirts like these often look aged and have a saying that is either ironic or a double entendre. Examples can be found here.

So I've decided I need a new nifty tshirt. I already have my Music + Science = Sexy shirt which I quite like. Now I'm looking for a new one. I've decided to buy one from Threadless T-Shirts. Where you, my readers, come in is helping me select which one. I've narrowed it down to the following:
One
Two
Three

So there are your choices. I'll close the voting next friday (July 29). All you need to do is leave a comment and let me know which one I should get. Of course the one I really want is sold out. Hopefully they'll bring it back so I can buy it sometime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the MacGyver shirt!!!

Anonymous said...

I don’t understand this whole design contest at threadless – it’s stupid. Why not use www.spreadshirt.com? They offer extremely easy to use designer program that will just knock you off your feet – just combine it with extremely high quality of products and you can have the t-shirt you ever wanted in a matter of minutes. You can open your shop for free and sell your designs to others, they take care of everything – you receive your checks. It’s extremely easy, check it out.

Anne said...

Number 3 for gods sake.