Monday, July 11, 2005

Quit Drinkin' the Drink

There is no central topic for today's musings, so I'll just speak a bit on a few things on my mind.

My friend Jess (of Case Swimming fame) came to visit last thursday. It's always fun to have visitors. We went out thursday night and had ourselves some fun. Nothing big, ya know, right? Well I was hurting the next day. This has been a recurring theme lately. I go out with friends, think I can drink like I used to and I end up paying for it the next day. This is all due to the wonderful economics of grad school which prevent me from having any sustained social life. So I came to the following conclusion: The older I get the less I can drink and the worse the hangovers are; that, or I'm a complete pussy.

In an addendum to my previous post on Lindsay Lohan and her lack of a figure, there's a website up, Feed Lindsay.

Ahhh yes, what else? Oh yeah, some of you may have gotten an email forward from me over the weekend. I received it from my sister. The topic is St Theresa. For whatever reason she's been on my mind recently so when I found it in my inbox I decided to send it on. From what I know of her, if you say her prayer (or a version of it), you're supposed to receive a flower. I usually don't send forwards but I figured I'd give it a try.

I was watching a montage of the history of the Home Run Derby on ESPN earlier tonight. They had a shot from 1995 of Albert (Joey) Belle. I'll agree that yes, the guy was a prick. But he's one of those players that as long as he's on your team and he produces the fans will love him. So yeah I was watching the montage and did that guy have one hell of a scowl on his face in the batter's box? I mean the guy could flat-out hit the ball. If I was a pitcher and saw that look in the batter's box I'd be pretty itimidated. Here are some pics of the guy (all in Indians regalia of course).

I'm pretty sure that Airplane is the funniest movie ever.

No comments: