Thursday, July 28, 2005

Now They'll Sleep All Right

So I have this little dream that I want to be a collegiate swim coach. Whether that dream actually comes to fruition, only time will tell. Anyway so I've been stuck/blessed coaching a group of young, very raw swimmers. They've learned that I can be very stern at times and if they're not doing something that is going to help them become better swimmers, then I don't like it. I think, however, that they've also come to realize that I am there to help them and I can smile & have fun at times. They have made tons of progress. For those former swimmers that read this, I've started to introduce interval training and the concept of using the clock. Today I gave my group a set of 4 x 100s on descending intervals with some hard 25s between them. After the set was done they were panting and I could tell they were exhausted. But they worked hard and I told them, if they keep putting in this kind of effort, they will become better swimmers. I was very proud of them. As a young, unproven coach, I find myself at times wondering if I am doing a good job. Results speak for themselves.

The kids also made me blush a little today. I got my hair cut yesterday (resounding applause from my friends and family) and they asked me if a girl cut my hair (yes), then they asked if it was my girlfriend. From anyone else, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but coming from a group of 7-10 year olds....I dunno.

Speaking of girlfriends (or in my case the severe lack of one), I got something quite interesting in the mail today. I got a Victoria's Secret promotion for a free Body By Victoria Panty. Now the first thing I'm thinking is, how on earth did I get on this mailing list. Secondly I notice that it isn't addressed necessarily to me, but to The Dziak Family. Its not for me, but for my whole family. It makes you wonder. So this promotion is going on through August 29. If I did have a lady friend, I'd just give this to her, but alas it is not to be. So if any of my beautiful readers of the female persuasion would like a free VS panty, just lemme know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mark, you know i want those panties