Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Think I Can Remember Your Name

Students are starting to arrive back on campus. As a member of the ResLife staff here in my building I make sure I'm introducing myself to lots of people and getting to know my residents. Unfortunately there are too many names and faces to remember. I find myself talking to anybody and everybody and there is a bulletin board with our (me and the other ResLife staff) pictures and some info about us. So people recognize me and smile and say hi and more often then not I have to ask their name because I frankly do not remember. It is fun though getting to meet everyone.

Although this morning, I got thrown for a new loop. There was a girl checking in and I'm pretty sure I've never seen her before. I went out for a run with some folks and came back. She waved to me and I'm pretty sure she said "Hi Mark." I have no idea who this person is. Honestly. I mean, if she lived in the dorm last year, I'd at least recognize her. But no. Nothing. Now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how she knows me. Maybe I've got a stalker. That would be a first. Looks like I'll be doing some recon.

1 comment:

ekGreer said...

I'm sorry I cant offer you a debt consoldation loan, but i just wanted to ask if any of the people you walked into the bldg with were also named mark. heh heh heh.