Sunday, August 28, 2005

Talk Talk Talk About It

I know it's been a couple weeks since I said I was going to buy a new t-shirt, but Threadless decided to print one that I wanted. So sometime this week, I'll be ordering this shirt. Mom, you should like it, as it goes well with my fetish with the game of Scrabble. Coincidentally, I've met some folks here in the hall who dig the game also and it looks like we'll be having regular Scrabble games. Hot damn!

Well, I just signed-up for another IM service. The internet juggernaut that is Google has released their IM service, Google Talk. It is in the Beta stages, but I'm a fan of the guys at Google and what they do, so I thought I'd give it a try. The big thing with this one is that you can make phone calls through it. Of course I lack a microphone, so I have yet to actively participate, but I did hear the sweet words of Erin Greer coming through my laptop speakers. I think you need a Gmail account to sign up, but if you are interested in getting Google Talk, I can send you a Gmail invite.

Anyway classes start tomorrow. I currently have 4 jobs and a thesis to do. And a social life. We'll see how the semester rolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you had a social life. I appreciate the update.

Anonymous said...

Since you'll be writing a graduate thesis the extra time focusing on Scrabble should improve the quality of language in your paper, especially if you are able to use a word made up of all the letters on the new t-shirt. And you know how my view on quality writing...