Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Debt Collector

Its wednesday...be ashy?

The title of last night's post would have been so much more applicable today. I love being back in school, don't get me wrong. I'm really enjoying the stuff I'm studying here and being back on a college campus is nice. The thing I don't like is being extremely poor. I went to get a transcript today and they tell me, "oh there's a hold on your account -- you owe $xxx.xx." Oh great I say. I kinda need a transcript for an internship I'm applying for that is due on oh....TUESDAY! So what to do? This same thing happened last semester and I went crying and groveling (no not really) to financial aid and they upped one of my loans. Well it worked once, why not twice? I'll give it a try tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll be able to get my transcript. If not...well its back to working the street corners for me.

I've been on a total Smiths kick this week. Its an unfortunate thing that the only CD I have of theirs is Louder then Bombs. I should really buy an album proper of theirs. Of course if I was actually depressed or something I'd probably be bawling to this record, but the fact that I'm really kinda happy makes the sad songs that much more enjoyable. Does that quasi-circular reasoning makes sense? Listening to their lyrics, its seems that the Mozzer put a lot of Emotion into his lyrics. Emotion....hmm...that's kinda funny. Twenty (and more) years ago, it was just music, but these days they (whoever they are) would throw it into some genre of bands that have no business being grouped together. Bands and singers have always put emotions into their songs; there's no need for a non-existent quasi-genre that no one respects.
/end rant.

I kinda veered off topic there. Oh well, such is life. Time for bed or something like that.

Oh yeah, the Smiths should never reunite.

No comments: