Thursday, February 03, 2005

Grew a Mustache and a Mullet

Just watched The Grudge. It was stupid. It did nothing for me. Do not go see this movie.

In other news I was looking in the mirror the other day and its happening. In my never-ending quest to grow my hair long it has started to mullet out in the back. This happens every-so-often. Really its my refusal to actually get my hair cut. I'm stubborn, what can I say? To add onto my mullet-bud I'm making a futile attempt to grow a beard. Its a functionality issue -- with all these single-digit temps we've had here, I need some warmth on my face; especially when I go out running. In all reality, I cannot grow a full fledged beard. I can do the sideburns and I can do the goatee, but try to connect the two...nope, no dice. Then there is the area on my face where nothing will grow -- left side of my face just past the goatee area on my chin. I dub it my wasteland.

Then the fact that I actually have some mulletude in me brings up a whole other issue in my life, namely how this affects my love life (or lackthereof). Call me an idealist, but I like to think that if I do meet a girl and she finds me attractive when 1) I have a bit of a mullet, and 2) when I have a semi-hairy face then she appears that much more attractive to me. But in all honesty, who's gonna find me attractive looking the way I do? So do I get my hair cut and trim up my facial hair to give into these societal ideals of image that we have? Or do I stay true to my own personal ideals of image that I have? See these are the things I struggle with on a daily basis. And people say my life is easy.

I know I have some other not-so-witty observations, but for some reason its just escaping me. Oh well. I'm out.

No comments: