Wednesday, February 23, 2005

When the Moon Hits Your Eye

Chalk this one up under things you don't see everday (or will ever see again)...
So I'm walking to class. First thing off the sun is out and it seems unusually bright. Maybe its the fact that the shine of the sun is reflecting oh so radiantly off the crystalline snow...but I really had to squint and wish I had my sunglasses. I meant to grab them on my way out, but like the idiot I am I forgot. I think that since I live in the midwest where the sun seems nonexistant during these dark winter months, my eyes need to get reaquainted with el sol. I digress, back on topic. So I'm walking to class and I see this squirrel off in the distance and it looks like he is carrying a dirty sock. A big dirty sock. So I'm looking at this squirrel as he comes toward me and its not a sock -- he's carrying a piece of pizza. And I'm not talking about one of those slivers where the pizza guys miss-cut the pie; no, its legitimate full-fledged large slice of pizza. He's carrying it, stops & takes a little nibble and then moves on. Funniest thing I've seen in quite awhile. Don't ask me where he found the pizza, cause really who lets pizza (or food for that matter) go to waste? Not me says this writer. Of all the times I wish I carried a camera with me....

No comments: