Sunday, February 27, 2005

I've Been High

I did something I haven't done in quite awhile and it felt pretty good. I had a nice 10 mile run this afternoon. Yeah it was about 28 out with a nice 10+ mile breeze. Once I got going I felt fine. When I was done I definitely had that runner's high going. Is been awhile since I ran that far and you know what -- it felt gooood! There is something about the solitude that you get on a long run that is lacking in other areas of life.

Random Oscar Commentary #3: Halle Berry is lookin' fine! She's from Cleveland ya know ;)

Well I saw Jerry Seinfeld on friday. It was a good show. It wasn't roll on the floor funny, but I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10. My biggest concern was that it would be a rehash of his old stuff and initially that's what I thought. He did his bit on being out: "We're all out you know. This is what we need to do, go out. Someone calls you up and says 'we gotta go out. now.' we're not doing anythng but we're out. Then at some point we gotta go back." And so on. But after that it was all new and his normal observations of everyday life. He had a nice little quip about TV and how "we had a nice little run." That was his only acknowledgement of the show, but it was done in a classy way. The thing that really stuck out to me was that every once in awhile he would throw a swear word in his bit. Seeing him on TV, we're just not accustomed with that so I was a bit taken aback by it.

Random Oscar Commentary #2: One hour into the show and The Aviator has one 4 Oscars already...I can go to be right now and hedge my bets on that movie; And one of the guitar players from Counting Crows has an "I love Scarlett" shirt on -- props for that one.

Back to Seinfeld...great show. I'm glad I got an opportunity to see in a live setting a legendary comedian. The one thing that bugged me was that the women sitting in front of me had a big head and even bigger hair. I had to sit a bit uncomfortably to see Jerry. Stupid big-haired woman.

Random Oscar Commentary #3: Is this bit with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock supposed to happen? Can we say "awkward."

OK time to kick it and relax.

No comments: