Sunday, September 25, 2005

We Shall Hide Together Here

Its been awhile since I last posted something here.

First off, the new season of Lost premiered this past wednesday. Music for Robots posted an mp3 of the song (Mama Cass Elliot - Make Your Own Kind of Music) that lead off the new season. It was a very anachronistic (one of my favorite words) beginning as you heard this very poppy/happy song and had absoultely NO idea how it fell into the context of the show (a flashback? a new character? the others? the boat? a commercial?). Then we quickly found out it came from underneath the bunker/hatch and at the end we find a mysterious visitor from Jack's past. How about Matthew Fox and that sweet-ass early 90s hair? MFR also links to Flight 815 which then links to other Lost fan sites. My particularly favorite one is The Lost Numbers...I mean where do these people find the time for this? Anyway I meant to do a live-blogging of the premier episode but I had some company over and thought that may be a bit rude. Perhaps later on in the season.

Lets see...I ran the Capital City River Run 10-mile race earlier this morning. My final time was 1:04:10...I would've been happy with 1:07ish and thought that 1:05 (6:30 per mile pace) would be really good. Considering I would not define me as being in total running shape, this was a very successful run. I also like how I paced it -- I kept it nice and even throughout. This bodes well for Boston in the spring. I also finished 12th I believe. I thought I counted around 20 but looking at the results post-race it said 12th overall. The real kick-in-the-nuts though is that 1:04:10 was only good for 4th in my age division which meant I finished out of the awards. BASTARDS!

The MSU Spartans literally rolled over the not-so-fighting Illini of Illinois yesterday. Seriously, the Illini laid down on the field and all the MSU players rolled over them. Quite a bizarre incident I must say. The MSU offense is a juggernaut and just clicking on all cylinders. We're now #11 in the AP poll and have a big game at home next week against Michigan. Actually I'm thinking the Spartans should win that game. The Wolverines are just not..very...good this year. Somehow they were ranked #3 at the beginning of the year. They could have a very bad season. MSU should beat them and right now they only way they will beat OSU is if Lloyd Carr is fired and the team rallies around the coach to beat OSU (a la Earl Bruce in 1987). Ohio State is one of the most physical teams I can remember in recent years.

Lastly I got me some Indians playoff tickets yesterday. I've got 4 tickets to the first game (ie game 3) and 2 to the second game (game 4). They just need to hang on this last week of the season.

No comments: